Monday, August 30, 2004

David's Lesson for the Day

This is a conversation that Krystle, David, my dad and I had on the way back from Mid-Ohio Concert Band practice.

Krystle: Yeah, did you see what Mrs. Simmers bought herself?
Dad: Oh yeah, that Mini Cooper?
Me: That's hers?
Krystle: Yup.
Dad: See, that's the kind of thing you can buy when you don't have any kids.
Me: Yeah, except I don't really care about cars that much, but I guess I could spend it on something else.
(Slight Pause)
David: So... you're saying that I could just not have like 10 kids and save the money up to buy other stuff?
(Another Slight Pause)
Me: David, why stop at 10, why not not have like, 25 kids? You'd have enough money to buy yourself a kid!
David: Well, in that case... I'll just not have infinity kids and then I can have as much money as I need!

I don't know if this is as funny on here as it was in the car, but I hope so. David is a great philosopher.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, well I found it funny when you told me. I guess it is just more funny to hear it in person.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Loren said...

I think Anonymous is right, it would be better in person. I did laugh, though, after reading it twice.

I'm so lucky to share my birthday with such an insightful guy.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thankyou Loren. im proud to be birthday mates

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home