Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Back to school! Back to school, to prove to Dad that I'm not a fool!

Going with such a title, I'm assuming that everyone has seen and remembers Billy Madison quite vividly. I had that little ditty stuck in my head as I drove down main street at 7:45 on Tuesday morning. That's all the further I could remember, anyway.

So yeah. School started up again. I kinda got caught up yesterday after school, so I didn't get a chance to write anything in here. Now I've got some downtime, so I figured I may as well. School's been a hoot so far. I'm thinkin' this should be a pretty good semester, if not whole year. Here's my schedule: (I know you all wanted to see it)

First Semester:

A-1 Video Editing

A-2 Study Hall

B-Block English 12 AP

C-Block Chemistry

D-1 Select Chior

D-2 Band

May as well start at the top... I was remotely worried about the video editing class from the start. I saw an awful lot of people signing up for it that I was pretty sure were only taking it because it isn't worth any credits, and had no desire to be working with video, anyway. Then on the first day, Mr. Ehrmantraut told us that he was going to wait a while to make production groups so that we could decide our strengths first. So I was worried that I was going to have to work with a bunch of people that don't want to work. Today, I was releived to find out that if we know the group we want to work with, we can. So, methinks that David, Susan, Brandon and I will be our group, and that is good.

Study Hall. I've never had one before. I've heard too many people complain about how they've had "nothing to do" in theirs. So I go to the cafeteria, and noone's sitting there. I then realize that everyone's standing in the hall, and I feel really awkward. So I'm just kinda standing there, wondering what kind of dictator I'm going to get to monitor us and make sure we don't talk or play cards or whatever, and who should appear, but Mrs. Carnigie. I'll be the first to admit her class wasn't the best I've ever taken, but she herslef is awesome. She was so nice that I felt a lot of the kids in her class (Who weren't the brightest or most moral bunch) took advantage of it. That made me sad. Anyway, it was still awkward, because I only know a couple of people in there, they're all just freshmen and sophomores with a few exceptions. It's not like we can talk, anyway, though, so that shouldn't be a problem. I should get all kinds of productive stuff done in there. Like, today, I covered my Chemistry book! Oh Joy! No, actually, I might just start to get things done, I talked to Mr. Barone today, and he has a class that period. He said I could come over there to practice or help him out or whatever, and that's pretty cool. I feel like I'm getting more done so far in band this year than I have all the rest of the years combined. The marching and playing is just like second nature, so I have a lot more room to concentrate on other things, like learning to play a new instrument, or organizing my own stand tune. lol.

I was also kind of worried about my English AP class. I figured Mrs. Young teaching would either make it really hard or really easy, and so far, it's been the latter. We haven't done much real work yet, but it's only the second day, so I still have to give it some time. We spent about all of class today discussing The Stranger. It was nice, because it was interesting to see everyone else's opinion on the book. For example, practically noone liked it except for Jimmy Brewer. Who knew?

My Chemistry class is a fun class. There are a lot of people in there that I can feel comfortable around acting like myself, even though I only have a couple of people I know pretty well in there (Seth, and maybe I would consider Justin or Tiffany). I sit around Marissa Lunt and Jenna Wanderand some Junior girl that I don't know her name. I like it, everyone laughs at my bad jokes. And that's always a good sign in a class :-D. It's been fun so far, we've been discussing some things I don't exactly understand, but that's okay, that's why I'm in the class. We did some experiment that I felt was remotely irrelevant, but it was great eye candy nonetheless, and Mr. Webber kind of admitted to this, explaining that he always showed this trick off when his kids came to visit. So anyway, that should be fun.

And uh, there's your usual band and chior. Mr. Zimmerly's still his same, "I'm going to act mad at you, but then you're going to make a joke and I'm going to start laughing at you, and then we'll get some work done, even though I'll act like we won't unless you guys calm down." Or something like that. I'm having a lot of fun in that class... it's a lot bigger. I just noticed today, though, that all of the tenors are Seniors (Scott, David, and I) or Freshmen (I forget the two guys' names). Oh, and by the way, we're going to the zoo this year. :-D

Well... that's all for now, folks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds cool :-) Hope your school year turns out better than last, and that you don't get any bad grades! heehee.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home