Saturday, August 21, 2004

So Much to Cover, So Little Time...

Today I basically wasted my whole day at work. Usually I don't feel a day at work has been wasted, but this paticular day consisted of seven hours of almost nothing. Slow, tedious, never-ending nothing. Nothing in a place that nothing is not meant to be. Not nothing in a nice, air-conditioned room watching meaningless cartoons, nothing in a hot, oven-heated, angry-customer-filled room that smells bad. (not that bad, but I was going for the contrast).

Also, the other night, I went with some people to go see "Collateral". It was an odd movie staring Jamie Foxx and Tom Cruise. Basically what happens is this guy makes this taxi driver drive around to all of these witnesses that he has to kill, and the cab driver keeps trying to get away or get help, but it never works. I won't give away what happens, but it's a really depressing ending, so get ready to cry for years.

Also, another odd fact of going to see the movie is that Mrs. Eubanks, my 7th grade Reading teacher was there. I haven't seen her since, say... 7th grade. But I knew who she was. I didn't quite recognize her; she didn't have her trademark humungo glasses on. Or her large cup of coffee that she spent half an hour getting, either. And she didn't assign us to read any books about war, or black city sports, or anything like that. SO, we had an awkward moment, because she happened to be seeing the same movie we were, and was waiting for a couple of girls outside of the theatre. We were already late, and I wanted to catch as much of the previews as I could, but she was doing some figuring out of who we were, and she was definetly taking her time with it. Especially Krystle who, after several minutes, she decided she had never taught. 10 points for Eubanks! She thought I had graduated, too. Oh well, if I was a teacher, I wouldn't remember my students very well, either. I will admit to that.

Anyway, it's horribly late, and I have to go to work and then a wedding tomorrow, so I'll work on this later. Ciao!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't really know why I'm posting a comment.. it's kind of to get back to your site without a link..lol

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home