Sunday, August 29, 2004

All Aboard the Nowhere Express!

Not much to report... my last first weekend of the High School year... whoopee. It's begun to hit me how easy this semester is going to be. The only real classes I have are English 12 AP, which has all been just giving our opinions so far, and Chemistry, which I'll admit, has left me in the dark a bit, but I think it might pick up for me. Unfortunately, I'm also starting to realize that I have no studying skills whatsoever, no motivation to do anything, and that I'm not someone that I would want to hang out with if I was someone else.

We had our first football game of the season on Friday. I keep telling everyone that I don't even pay attention to the games at football, and that I still even noticed that we got creamed like corn, 0-38. It was pretty gross. Also, apparently I still really can't play the baritone all that well, I got a few complaints about my performance in the stands, and I wasn't all that confident, even though I spent a lot of time perfecting my flip folder. Oh well. I guess the important thing is that I tried?

Then we went to Mr. Barone's house for the after game bonfire. It started off a little slow for me. I had to take some time to find a social group I belonged to. I found this in, surprise, Rachel Morgan and Andrea Algire. Half of me knew that I liked both of these people and that I would love to talk to them knowing that they, too, were having a good time talking to me. The other half of me knew that they did not really want to talk to me and reminded me of certain remarks previously stated about me talking to their kind (at the time, freshmen), so I was at first remotely hesitant to stay and chat. But as the conversation went on, I began to realize that I didn't really care what other people had to say. At least not in this topic. Because I had been reminded earlier that night at the football game of some good friends I had as a freshman, who happened to be juniors. And they helped me get through those first few years a lot. So whoever disagrees with who I decide to be friends with, and talk to, and hang out with, or be nice to, or go out of my way to be with can just go soak their head, preferrably in a strong, non-diluted acid.

On a lighter note, Saturday, at work, this lady ordered a milkshake, and she reminded me of Drew Barrymore. She had a special request, though: she wanted me to make a milkshake out of our hand-dipped ice cream, rather than our soft serve. I told her that maybe I could if it was melted enough, but she wanted the "Chocolate Moose Tracks" made into one. Just my luck, there was only a bit left in the bottom of the tub, and it always gets rock hard there. But I added some milk, and fiddled around with it as we made small talk, and finally got it to some point that she actually said it looked good. I told her I couldn't promise anything, but after all, it was still just milk and ice cream, so it should be edible all the same. It's people like her that just come in and are really polite and fun to talk to that make my job happy. Unfortionetly, they are few and seldom between.

I also worked with a "new" girl. New meaning that she's not nessisarily new, but that I've never had the priviledge to work with her before. I'll tell you what though, I had one of the best days relating with people at work today. Danielle was in a great mood and we were joking around having a great time. I always like to work with Stacy, I don't know why, she just has a very positive air about her. The "new" girl, Jesse, is super nice, too, and that's pretty darn cool. No offense to Rodney or Lee, but I don't mind working with the girls. :-D

Well, although I've much else to say, there isn't much else I want people reading. All three of the people that read this, that is. :-D So I shall be off. I really shouldn't stay up this late, anyway, now that school's started. Oh well, I'll be forced into it eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home