Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Question? - or - Another Reason I'm Probably Going to Hell

So, the other day, I was cruising around Facebook, as I so often find myself doing, and I clicked on someone's (who shall remain anonymous) Xanga. I read into it for a while, probably a lot longer than I ought to have, and decided that this person (whom I am already biased against for no definable reason other than to state that I have a bad taste in my mouth for their general demeanor) was just a little too attention-seeking in their Xanga, and I started wondering about the motives behind having a Xanga, or a Blog, or whatever you may have. Myself? I think I have mine because I like to write, so every now and then, when I get the urge to write, whether it is to entertain an imaginary audience, or bring up a point just to get something off my chest, or very rarely to inform all three people that read this about what's going on... I just write. And I enjoy language. I enjoy using unconventional contractions, such as "could've", "'cept", and even "It's'nt" (Although I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I actually used that one)

My point of bringing up that last odd sentence-fact? I use my blog to entertain myself. Do I expect any comments? No. Do I get any? Seldom. Do I look for attention through a blog? No. I don't write down weird little things in here so people will come up to me and say, "Hey, I read that little cryptic message in your Blog that said you might be getting a girlfriend. Your plan worked! I'm inquiring so that you can brag to me about it."

Nah. That's not my style. It seems a little pathetic to me. And heaven forbid I be the one to decide what's pathetic and what's not, but I have regardless. So, yeah... to broaden the topic back out, I have decided that it is these little thoughts I have against people that make me a bad person deemed fit for an eternity in Hell. I can't help it. I USUALLY think I have a pretty good reasoning going on in my head when I deem someone a "bad person". Honestly, I don't think my requirements to qualify are that difficult. But there are a lot of people out there whose actions are just unacceptable! I don't know how people can act certain ways and still be okay with how they live. I do have ideas of WHY these people act this way, though. I've taken the liberty to arrange them in a very unbalanced list of loose reasons:
  • They don't care about other people's well-being in general
  • They purposefully put other people down to make themselves feel better, due to an insecurity
  • They're just too inept to act in an acceptable fashion (They're stupid)
  • They think that they ARE acting the right way, but really, they're entirely wrong (Playing to the wrong audience, perhaps?)
  • And probably some other stuff that is even less organized into a coherent thought.
A lot of these ideas/reasons cross into eachother. They can stem from a myriad of sources. Family? You betcha. Either a bad or not loving family, or a family with morals or values that are just too loose. Or you could just have a dumb and/or crazy family (I don't hold people of a lower intelligence against ANYONE, but it definetly complicates situations with the people that I have other things against)
I've been meeting a lot of people like this in college, and it's a bit frustrating. However, I'm also meeting more than enough awesome people to balance it out, so I am counting my blessings. I've already made more friends so far this semester than all of last year combined.

Finally, I'd like to apologize for an explosion of complaints in this post. I'd also like to thank my family, my friends, and any random stranger who has ever held open a door for me, told me that I dropped my keys as I walked down the street, or even just made sure that all 5 of my tacos are in my order at Taco Bell. I'm so glad that my family has raised me to be the loving, caring, considerite person that (I think) I am today. My friends, for giving me the thumbs up on the way I am and making it worth the run, and all those other folks for basically giving me a thumbs up as well by following suit.

Anyway, before I make myself look like any more of a jerk, and make this post any more of a disorganized mess... I'd better go.

-Jimmy

5 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

You think you're going to Hell for analyzing people? Oh boy. Is there anything worse than Hell? Cuz I'm probably headed there if that's the case. :-\

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll see you there buddy, I'll see you there! We'll play bocce ball or something.
-Scotty

1:20 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

1. everybody criticizes other people so if you are going to hell for that it will be pretty crowded and well...see you there.

2. do you really eat 5 tacos from taco bell? just wondering...

3. so i hear you might be getting a girlfriend...what??..oh..did i totally misinterpret this whole blog entry?

4:24 AM  
Blogger Katherine said...

Say it with me, Jimmy..."short blogs." Nah, I'm just messing. It's 4:19 a.m. and I'm basically just dilusional...so yeah, you're not going to hell...you'll just be spanked in heaven. Yes...the infamous spanking by perfect looking angels...hm...doesn't sound so bad after all...

4:28 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think you spelled considerate incorrectly... =D

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home