Monday, July 21, 2008

What's Goin' On

Time to write! What's been goin' on...

-Work has been slowly sucking my life away from me. And what little time I have outside of work goes by even faster. But I guess money is good...

-I went to visit Scott at ONU and had a great time. Met a lot of awesome people, swapped clothes with various others, and I also got to see Jared K and Amy D for the first time in a long while, so that was sweet, too.

-Things with Emily (my not-yet-mentioned-in-this-blog girlfriend, despite the fact that we have been dating for 8 1/2 months) have been going well. So that's cool.

-I've actually gotten a little better at piano, and I've also been trying to practice trombone and banjo more often, with less success. And various other music projects have ensued a bit.

-Nervous that school is approaching rapidly? You bet I am. Glad to get away from home and back to Akron? You got it.

Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to list some random things that have been occupying my summer other than the previously stated. In no particular order:
-The Dark Knight
-The Next Food Network Star
-Season Three of The Venture Bros
-The Mole
-Dr McNinja
-Facebook
-Cleaning up the house (How does it keep getting messy again???
-Trying not to spend money, but buying an iPod anyway. (It's supposedly for exercise)
-Having my first few significant drinking experiences
-It was yogurt! (I'm allowed to have inside jokes in this since only 3 people will feel like they're missing out)
-Not a whole lot of new video game-age, but I've been playing:
  • Battallion Wars (Which came out forever ago, but I got a sweet deal on the last copy at GameStop)
  • Pokemon Diamond (Gotta Catch 'em All!)
  • Advance Wars Dual Strike (Which I've had forever, but it's STILL better than Days of Ruin)
  • Super Smash Bros Brawl (The King. Can't wait to get back to Akron and have some sweet matches. May you all be warned)
That's really it. Haven't played many video games lately, to be honest. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Wii Fit, though, but it's difficult to find.

Well, that's just a really quick and loose post of what's been up. It took a lot of guilt about the absence of posts for me to actually write something this unorganized, so take what you can get, and enjoy.

'Til next post,

-Jimmy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home