Sunday, December 05, 2004

I really, REALLY needed this update... didn't I?

It's been a few weeks. Or about that. Y'know, I don't keep this thing very well up-to-date, do I? That's why it's handy that only about 3 people read it, so I don't have to worry about keeping it hip and trendy. Oh, and just so you can all get to "know" me better, here's a free link to my friend Scott's new Xanga.

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=Pantlesselephant

I didn't ask for his permission to put it on here or anything, but I don't think he'll mind too much. He's got some remotely entertaining stuff on there about his... um... life, I guess, and I assume it can only get better. They're really long, too. I think he's got more written already than I do in my whole blog. Go figure.

So... yeah, what have I been upto... well, my grandma passed away last week, I think it was Wednesday... It wasn't really considered sudden, she was having trouble swallowing and was becoming dehydrated. Man, I really hope that I don't have to be put into a rest home when I get older. Besides that, it'll just be so odd. I was sorta used to going out there for family night, a monthy night of food, family, and who can forget: Bingo.

I myself don't remember a whole lot of details about grandma... I just remember her being very worrysome, and making me really delicious waffles, and about how she gradually got worse, until she had to go to the rest home. What I do remember, though, is very happy, and a great reminder of the Lingenfelter spirit. Speaking of which, I had never been to a funeral before, but I couldn't have asked for a nicer experience. My cousin's husband, luckily, is a pastor, so he took care of the sermon and whatnot, and did a great job. My favorite part, though, was everyone talking about being accepted into the Lingenfelter family. It made me happy and proud to be a member of the Lingenfelter clan, and maybe the whole experience will help me appriciate all the family does together.

The family will miss you, grandma.

Okay, okay, I'm done being mushy. What else have I been doing? Well... we decked the Lingenfelter household out with Christmas decorations... the old standby plywood trees, along with a ton of brand-spanking-new strands of lights dad bought at Dollar General, lavishly garnishing our front yard, including the bushes, the crab apple tree, and the strange little bush between our house and grandpa L's house. (It's my personal favorite)

Well... I really should get these college applications done... and study for my chemistry quiz that I missed on Friday... so, until next blog, catch ya later.

1 Comments:

Blogger . said...

Hmmm. This is the only post that didnt have a comment, so i didnt want you to feel bad or anything. so.. anywho... um... yah, i killed a man with a trident?

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home